Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Clear window aluminum clutch cover group buy

37K views 338 replies 54 participants last post by  gixxsexr 
#1 · (Edited)
CLOSED

PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so we have decided to do this...everyone here will send the money to me, either by check or paypal. If you want to send a check email me let me know and I will send you my address. If you want to use paypal, I have to add 3%....sorry, but the total would then be 257.50 or 242.05 depending on the finish, send it to waynedieck@yahoo.com.

Once I have the funds together I will send the money to Nille and the covers will be made. When they are finished he will send them to me and I will distribute them to you so I need updated address's with the payment.

October 1st is the payment deadline...

Any questions shoot me an email.

Thanks, and I cant wait to get mine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fits 1gen without modification. Will fit 2gen sv650 if you purchase a 1gen lower engine cover and hardware. These are from Germany. They will be $250 shipped. Can be anadized blue, red, silver, gold or black. Raw aluminum covers will be $235 for those who want to polish them. We need 20 people to do a run. Please post if you are definatly interested and I will add you to the list.

CLOSING SEPT 15. IF YOU WANT ONE I NEED TO KNOW BY THEN. PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS WILL ALSO BE POSTED AT THAT TIME.

Germans: 13

1. wdieck, black PAID
2. chassis # 273, black PAID
3. mullerjd, black PAID
4. SyTrepT, raw PAID
5. dream36realms, PAID
6. BlueStreakSVXR, raw DROPPED OUT
7. ttaidapos, gold DROPPED OUT
8. theCHAMP, black PAID
9.denigod, black PAID
10. giantclam, gold PAID
11. wmarcy. black PAID
12. Titusss, black PAID

Need 0 more

For those worried about the look with oil in the clutch here is a link to a TL1000 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Koo9u-OytU0

Pics are of member nille's bike in germany.

See less See more
#9 ·
:thumbsup:

Whats involved in installing one of these on a k7?
All you need is the lower cover from the GEN I SV!

I think you can get the side cover for the 1gen and it should bolt on.
That's exactly what has to be done...

so what is the status for 2nd gen bikes? the words "think" and "should" worry me a bit in that previous post. can we have some definite fitment confirmation and a list of what comes in the kit?
thanx!
Well, as I answered before you just need the lower cover from a GEN I SV to fit this cover to a GEN II !

Lower cover GEN I (Ref# 1-1, Part# 11340-19F00) see here:

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm...el/SV650/GroupID/253805/Group/CRANKCASE_COVER

The "Clear window aluminum clutch cover" comes mounted and ready to bolt on!
Kit list:
-COVER
-CLEAR LEXAN WINDOW
-O-Ring (between cover & window)
-20 Screws (10 in spare)

The O-Ring (Ref# 8-2, Part# 11484-19F01, see the upper link) can be reused!

Nope, not even close.
Sorry dackler, but you are definatly wrong!

As you see, this is a GEN II SV (year 2004) with the lower GEN I cover and the "Clear window aluminum clutch cover":

GEN II SVs year 2003, 2004 ,2005, 2006 and 2007 do all use the same clutch cover (Ref# 1, Part# 11340-17G00, see the lower link)!!!
See here and skip through the years if you don't believe it:

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm...el/SV650/GroupID/272149/Group/CRANKCASE_COVER

As you guys see, the clear cover can be definatly fitted to all years even the GEN II when using the lower GEN I cover!

Any open question now?

#7 ·
so what is the status for 2nd gen bikes? the words "think" and "should" worry me a bit in that previous post. can we have some definite fitment confirmation and a list of what comes in the kit?
thanx!

#10 ·
thanx for the quick answer. that looks sharp on the gen2. i'll need to shop around for cost on the engine cover to see what total cost will be before i make a decision but leaning towards the affirmative.

#11 ·
That has to be a highly modified gen II cover. Can we see a shot before the gen I cover with window was mounted to it?? As far as I know, its a one piece cast unit. Sure you can cut off the clutch part and mount the Gen I system to it, but again, as far as I know, not unless you have the ability to highly modify the base cover.

I am honestly not trying you hurt you sales, but 99% of you buyers here want a simple bolt on piece...and I am not sure this is one of them. UNLESS, you are selling the whole cover itself, along with the Gen I cover with clear window in it...and if you are, that is fine, but I can't see the price for it only being $230.

Just clear these things up for potential buyers.

#22 ·
so gen2 "havers" should not forget to purchase the bolts for the cover, or at least the 3 longer bolts that hold both the engine cover and clutch cover in upper left hand quadrant of the clutch cover and 5 "x" length bolts that are solely for the clutch cover. the gen2 uses the same shorter length bolts all the way around (barring one odd sized in the lower left hand section). are there any other pins and whatnot that should be purchased? it would be good to know EVERYTHING that will be needed so you don't end up with your engine case pulled apart and without the proper bits to get the new cover on correctly.

#23 ·
Don't worry about it Dack. it took me a minute to figure out what the heck he was talking about too. Those crazy Germans....oh wait..I am German too.....the good part anyway. ;D

#41 ·
These guy's are selling the whole cover kit. I only sell a kit that you have to modify your stock cover. The big culprit to not being able to use my kits on a 650, is that **** oil fill. If it were about 1/2" to 1" higher, it would not be an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.